Repair Plan Terms
There are so many reasons to buy Repair Plan from Assured Direct
Service & Repair Agreement
These are the terms and conditions on which Assured Direct Ltd supply breakdown services to you.
It is very important for your benefit and protection that you read and understand these terms and conditions fully.
These and your certificate of cover, and any changes we notify you about at renewal or otherwise, form your agreement with us.
Our Agreement with you.
- Our acceptance of your agreement to purchase a repair plan will take place when we write to you to confirm the details at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
- This repair is not categorised as an insurance product or warranty of any kind and therefore no regulation applies. This repair plan is a contract for services.
- You must be the owner of the appliance in order for us to work on it. We cannot carry out any work on items or appliances that are not owned by you.
- You must provide us with any information that we request when you apply for a repair to be undertaken. All information you give must not be false, exaggerated or misleading.
- Your product must have been installed, maintained and used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions
- Your product must be owned by you and kept only for domestic use.
- Your product must be used in a private home, solely occupied by a single household and at the address on the certicate.
- Your product must be easily accessible and meet all relevant safety standards and be safe to work on
- Your product (if it is able to store data or images, e.g. laptops or PCs) must not contain any content that may be considered to be illegal, and if we find any content we consider to be illegal, we reserve the right to inform the relevant authorities.
- You must promptly inform us if there is a problem with your product.
- You must arrange any work required to make your product accessible and compliant with all relevant safety standards and safe for our contracted engineers to work on
- You must, within a reasonable time, provide us with access to your premises to supply the breakdown services.
- You must make all payments to us within the timescales specified to you.
- If your product breaks down, you must take reasonable steps to limit any further damage being caused to it.
- If you do not comply with the conditions and the eligibility requirements above or do not fulfill your obligations above, we may end your repair plan.
How to request a repair
If your product suffers a mechanical or electrical breakdown, you must contact our customer services team promptly on the emergency number on your certificate and confirmation letter. Our customer services team will try to resolve the problem over the telephone. If we are not able to resolve the problem, we will, at our discretion, decide whether to approve a repair. Where a repair is approved, we will then authorise an engineer to carry out your repair, or we may also (at our discretion), decide to replace or pay the cost of replacing your product, in each case subject to these terms and conditions.
Repairs information we may require
You must give us all information we need to verify your repair request, including, but not limited to, the product model number, suppliers name, details of the fault, and how the fault occurred.
We may request documents relating to the product and the fault. You should send any requested documents to the address in ‘Customer services details.If you do not give us this information within a reasonable time of us asking for it, or if you give us incomplete or incorrect information, we may either end the contract or make an additional charge of a reasonable sum to compensate us for any extra work that is required as a result.
We will not be responsible for supplying the services late or not supplying any part of them if this is caused by you not giving us the information, we need within a reasonable time of us asking for it.
Important information about repairs
Only engineers approved by us are authorised to carry out repairs under this repair unless we agree otherwise in advance. Our engineers are Gas Safe registered. Repairs will be carried out within the repairer’s normal working hours (which are at least 9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on a date agreed with you. Please have your documentation to hand when the engineer arrives.
If a repair is approved, we may (at our option), decide to replace your product with a new product of the same or similar make and technical specification, or we may supply you with the spare parts required to bring your product to good working order. Where we supply spare parts to you, we may provide instructions to you to replace the spare parts yourself, or we may (at our option) attend your property to replace the spare parts. Product disposal and delivery, installation, and other costs
If the product is taken or sent away from your home for repair and is then replaced, the original product will become our property at the time of us agreeing for a replacement to be provided to you, and we will dispose of it. If your product remains in your home but is replaced, you will be responsible for disposing of it at your own cost.
If we decide to replace your product, the replacement shall be delivered to your property at our cost.
Unless they are listed under the ‘What this includes’ section, we will not pay for repairs that relate to:
- Damage during delivery, installation, or transportation of the product by a third party who is not our employee, sub-contractor, or agent.
- Any breakdown cost already covered by any manufacturer’s, supplier’s or repairer’s guarantee or warranty on a product.
- Replacement or recall of the product (or any part) by a supplier or the manufacturer.
- Modifying or making a product comply with legislation, work on the product that is only required due to legislation changes or making it safely accessible.
- Your failure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Any problem with the supply of electricity, gas, water, broadband, or broadcast content.
- Routine maintenance, cleaning, servicing, and re-gassing.
- Costs or loss arising from not being able to use your product (e.g. hiring a replacement TV), or incidental costs caused by breakdown or repair (e.g. costs to remove or reinstate built-in or fitted equipment).
- Cosmetic damage such as damage to paintwork, dents or scratches.
- Any loss, damage or impairment to functionality caused by: theft, attempted theft, criminal damage, deliberate damage or damage caused by animals, plants or trees.
- Any loss, damage or impairment to functionality caused by: earthquake, flood, lightning, fire, wind, humidity, weather conditions, salt spray, storm or other natural events or catastrophes, abnormally high or low temperatures, plumbing problems, corrosion, chemical exposure, radiation, explosion, sabotage, terrorism, insurrection, revolution, war, riot, armed conflict, civil commotion, rebellion, man-made events or catastrophes or technological hazards.
- Any appliance not registered with us.
- Repairs, maintenance work, or use of spare parts, where not approved by us.
- Damage to ceramic or glass surfaces.
- Commercial or business use including use by charities, not-for-profit organisations, local government, or other such similar organisations (unless we agree in writing beforehand).
- Fraud or attempted fraud, or where the condition of the product is not consistent with the request you made.
- The cost of replacing any accessories including: external fuses, batteries, rechargeable batteries, power cells, light bulbs changeable by the user, filters, plugs, light covers, grills, removable parts, glass and enamel parts, rain covers, starter connections, and straps, 3D glasses, vacuum cleaner bags, brushes, and tubes.
- For products with screens: repairs due to pixel failure where the number or location of pixels does not exceed the manufacturer’s acceptable limit, marks on the screen, or burned screens.
- Damage caused by accident, negligence, or misuse of the product.
Paying your fees
- The price of the repair plan (which includes VAT) will be the price as told to you on the telephone and as stated in your welcome letter. We take reasonable care to ensure that the price of the product advised to you is correct.
- If you pay the fees (inclusive of all applicable taxes) by quarterly payment, you must make regular payments in accordance with the ‘Payments schedule’ set out in your repair documentation. If we are unable to collect payment from your bank we may attempt to request payment again unless you advise us otherwise. When you have paid the fees by quarterly payment for the number of consecutive payments shown in the ‘Payments schedule’, if the initial repair period has not yet expired, no further payment will be taken for the remainder of the initial repair period, unless and until your repair renews for a further period (see ‘Duration and renewal of your repair’ below).
- If you do not pay for your repair on time it will be suspended from the payment due date. Any requests for repairs past this date will not be considered for approval.
Duration and renewal of your repair plan.
- The initial repair period begins on the ‘start date’ and continues until the ‘expiry date’, as specified in your certificate (unless ended in accordance with these terms and conditions).
- Before your repair ends, we will write to you about renewing it. Your renewal notice will show the amount to pay. The fee payable may increase at renewal.
- A cooling-off period (lasting 14 days from renewal of the repair) applies at the renewal of your repair.
- We reserve the right not to offer you a renewal on your repair.
Your rights to end the contract
- The ‘cooling-off period’ is the fourteen (14) day period from receipt of your documentation or from the repair start date, whichever is later. If you change your mind during the cooling-off period, you can cancel your repair and we will refund any fee paid provided we received your request in writing within 7 days of the cooling-off period.
- If your repair automatically ends or is canceled by us, these rights do not apply (see ‘Our right to cancel your repair or bring it to an end below). After the cooling-off period.
- If you cancel your repair after the cooling-off period no refund will be given within the agreed period of cover.
- If you have received a repair, no refund will be given and you will have to pay the cost of the repair. This will be capped at the repair fee (less any fees you have already paid in the current period).
- If the cancellation letter is received within the 14-day cooling-off period plus 7 days of postage allowance, it can take up to 28 working days from when the letter is received for the money to be refunded back into your account.
- All refunds are made back to the method of payment originally used. Should the client cancel by way of a bank reversal or ‘chargeback’ we reserve the right to claim the full initial amount plus our costs (£95 chargeback fee + £85 legal fees).
Our right to cancel your repair or bring it to an end
- If you fail to comply with certain conditions and obligations (see ‘Important conditions and your obligations’ above) we may bring your repair to an end and we will not provide any further services to you under the repair.
- We reserve the right to cancel your repair by giving you fourteen (14) days’ written notice if we are to stop providing the service.
- In each case, we will confirm any such ending or cancellation of the repair in writing to the address on the agreement.
Transferring your repair to a new owner
Changes to these terms and conditions
We can, at any time and after taking a fair and reasonable view, modify or replace these terms and conditions in order to:
- Comply with the law, regulations, industry guidance, or codes of practice;
- Rectify errors or ambiguities; and
- Rectify changes in the scope or nature of the protection provided to you.
We will give you fourteen (14) days written notice of any change that could have a material effect on your rights or obligations. The new terms and conditions will take effect from the date specified in the notice.
Important data protection information
- The company will use your information (which you or others have provided to us) to provide the requested service and for administration (including the recovery of any amounts owing, where applicable), marketing, market research, customer surveys, regulatory reporting, to check and verify your identity and analytics and testing purposes. Your information may also be shared with selected companies acting on our behalf. We, along with our business partners and third parties may use your information to tell you about any offers, products, or services which may be of interest to you. You may therefore be contacted by mail, telephone, email, and/or other electronic messaging services unless you have asked not to be.
- You may (for a small fee of £10) request a copy of your data. If your personal details change, if you wish to change your marketing preferences, or if you wish to opt-out of receiving marketing information, please let us know by writing.
Exclusion of third party rights
- This repair is only for your benefit. No rights or benefits will be given to any other third party under the repair.
Governing law and statutory rights
We will communicate with you in English and English Law will apply unless you reside in an accepted separate jurisdiction.
Accepted jurisdictions are Hong Kong, the EU, Australia & USA. Residence in any other country will be subject to English Law.